National Institute for Genealogical Studies

Last week I took the plunge and enrolled in the Australian Records Certificate through the National Institute for Genealogical Studies  who work in affiliation with the Continuing Education Division of the University of St. Michael's College in the University of Toronto.

I have paid for the basic level section of the course - a total of 9 subjects, with another 9 to follow in the intermediate and then 11 in advanced sections. I can then choose several electives. Of course, it is the electives that interest me most, but I thought I should start at the beginning.

I have only enrolled in one subject this month - Australia: Births, Deaths and Marriages but think I'll try 2 next month. My Australian research so far has not lead me to South Australia, so already I've learnt a little about the history of South Australia.

I hope it does't mean I won't get my own research done!

Comments

  1. Would love to hear how you go with these courses. I have been possibly thinking of undertaking some of these. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a bit of a study nut and love research. So far so good, but it only started on Monday. I think you can always pick up some information even when you are experienced. Will post again about the course in a couple of weeks.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment