From Randy Seaver Genea-Musings.
Ah, Genea-folks, it’s Saturday Night again – are you ready for more Genealogy Fun?
Your mission tonight, should you decide to accept it, is to:
1) List your 16 great-great-grandparents with their birth, death and marriage data (dates and places). [Hint - you might use an Ancestral Name List from your software for this.]
2) Determine the countries (or states) that these ancestors lived in at their birth and at their death.
3) For extra credit, go make a “Heritage Pie” chart for the country of origin (birth place) for these 16 ancestors. [Hint: you could use the chart generator from Kid Zone for this.] [Note: Thank you to Sheri Fenley for the "Heritage Pie" chart idea.]
- Tell us about it in your own blog post, in a comment to this post, or in a post on Facebook or google+.
Well it is Sunday here in Australia but here are my great great grandparents.
- John Moore, son of John Moore and Elizabeth Glenn, was born in 1846 in Co. Antrim, Ireland. John married Margaret Henry on 20th September 1871 at Ballymoney, Co Antrim, Ireland. John died in Tenterfield, New South Wales, Australia on 2nd September, 1929.
- Margaret Jane Henry was born on 18th Feb 1850/51 in Ireland, daughter of James Moore Henry and Rose Black Hannah. She died in Wallangarra, Queensland, Australia on 1st August 1923.
- Malcolm McColm, son of Samuel McColm and Mary MacCaul, was born in 1851 in Scotland. He married Jane Fleming in 1877 at Inch, Witownshire, Scotland. Malcolm died on 22nd August near Warwick, Queensland, Australia.
- Jane Smith Fleming, daughter of James Fleming and Jane Milroy was born on 28th October 1853 at Stranraer, Wigtownshire, Scotland. She died on 22nd January 1888 at Wallangarra, Queensland, Australia.
- Thomas Merchant, son of James Merchant and Sarah Matilda Neal was born on 21st January 1843 at Sampford, Wellington, Somersetshire, England. He married Sarah Hooton on 4th January 1869 at McLeod's Creek, Timbarra, NSW, Australia. Thomas died on 1st December 1902 at Drake, New South Wales, Australia.
- Sarah Jane Hooton, daughter of Joseph Hooton and Rebecca Bettis was born on the Wilson Kennedy, at sea on 26th November 1852. She died in Tenterfield, NSW, on 8th December, 1924.
- William Henry Allsop, son of Samuel Allsop and Elizabeth Handley was born on 11th August 1847 at Stockingford, Warwickshire, England. He married Mary McInerney on 13th January 1870 at Alberton, Victoria, Australia. William died on 2nd January 1921 at Newcastle, NSW, Australia
- Mary Ellen McInerney, daughter of John McInerney and Mary Maley was born c1852 in Waterford, Ireland. She died on 16th March 1919 at Newcastle, NSW, Australia.
- William Lee Dawson, son of Robert Dawson and Eleanor Giles was born on 16th September at Dublin, Ireland. William married Emma Seabrook on 25th August 1856 at Hobart Town, Tasmania, Australia. William died on 29th June 1871 in Franklin, Tasmania, Australia.
- Emma Seabrook, daughter of Henry William Seabrook and Sarah White was born on 1st May 1834 at Hobart Town, Tasmania, Australia. She died on 27th July 1885 at East Melbourne, Victoria, Australia.
- John Mylan, son of Thomas Mylan and Ann Flynn was born on 24th December 1833 at Sydney, NSW, Australia. He married Matilda Agnew at Countegany, Cooma on 29th December 1856. John died on 18th December 1918 at Countegany, Cooma, NSW, Australia
- Matilda Agnew, daugher of James Agnew and Ellen Lagan was born on 9 November 1836 at Castledawson, Co Derry, Ireland. She died on 16th August 1905 at Cooma, NSW, Australia
- John Charles Ryan, the son of John Ryan and Catherine Crawley was born c1837-39 at Portlaw, Co Waterford, Ireland. He married Mary O'Halloran on 1st July 1864 in Brisbane, Queensland, Australia. John died on 15th November 1910 at Balmain, NSW, Australia.
- Mary O’Halloran, daughter of Michael O’Halloran and Mary Lyons was born c1846 at Roscrae, Co Tipperary, Ireland. She died on 5th December 1895 at Balmain, NSW, Australia.
- Peter Ogden, son of Samuel Ogden and Ann Hope was born in 1838 at Bolton, Co Lancashire, England. He married Elizabeth Harrison on 5th August 1860 in Liverpool, Lancashire, England. Peter died on 11th July 1911 at Subiaco, Western Australia, Australia.
- Elizabeth Harrison, daughter of William Henry Harrison and Ann Waller? was born c1841 in Liverpool, Lancashire, England. She died on 11th August 1927 at Leederville, Western Australia, Australia.
I should really follow now with my husband's great great grandparents.